Peace be Still Massage and Wellness
Karah Short LMT & OwNer
What is Reiki?
Reiki (pronounced ray-key) is an energy healing method that is accomplished by placing the hands in a series of positions over or slightly above the body. Reiki promotes healing by activating the relaxation response and helping the body to balance itself at a very deep level. The human body is exquisitely designed to be self-healing. When the detrimental effects of stress are balanced by the health-inducing effects of deep relaxation, your body is able to tap into its natural abilities to heal and balance. Medical studies have shown that clients who feel they are taking an active role in their own healing - and feel that they have the support of a competent practitioner - experience a far higher rate of recovery than those who feel their role is purely a passive one. Reiki works in conjunction with all other medical or therapeutic techniques to relieve side effects and promote recovery.
“Reiki is one of the leading safe energy medicine approaches.” C. Norman Shealy, M.D. Ph.D. Founder, American Holistic Medical Association
Individualized sessions include 40-45 minutes of Reiki with consultation before and after the session.
starting at $40
What to Expect in a Session
After you are comfortably situated on a massage table, fully-clothed, your practitioner will use a variety of hands-on energy techniques, which involve a gentle placement of their hands on or above your body. These techniques will be complemented by healing sounds that will stimulate the body’s natural healing response. You may or may not notice sensations of warmth, tingling or a pleasant sense of energy moving through your body. You may see colors or images. You may fall asleep. Many clients report experiencing deep relaxation and feelings of being supported and nurtured while on the table.
It is best to take shoes off, wear loose, comfortable clothing and minimal jewelry.
Side Effects and Safety Issues There are no known safety concerns with Reiki. It is a complementary therapy and in no way is intended to replace necessary, standard medical treatment. Reiki should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a medical professional.
What can Reiki do for you?
1. One of the greatest Reiki healing health benefits is stress reduction and relaxation, which triggers the body’s natural healing abilities (immune system), aids in better sleep, and improves and maintains health.
2. Reiki helps bring about inner peace and harmony.
3. Reiki also balances the mind and emotions. Regular Reiki treatments can bring about a calmer and more peaceful state of being, in which a person will be better able to cope with everyday stress. The resulting mental balance also enhances learning, memory, and mental clarity. Reiki can heal mental/emotional wounds. In more severe situations, Reiki can help alleviate mood swings, fear, frustration and even anger. Reiki can also strengthen and heal personal relationships. Because Reiki enhances your ability to love, it can open you up to the people around you and help your relationships grow. By improving your capacity for empathy, Reiki allows you to connect with people on a deeper level.
4. Reiki offers relief during emotional distress and sorrow. Reiki helps in the grieving process. It cleans and clears the emotions, preventing them from being so draining and offers perspective.
5. On a physical level, Reiki can aid in the relief of many common ailments such as migraine, arthritis, back pain, asthma, chronic fatigue, insomnia, etc.
6. Reiki can speed up recovery from surgery or long-term illness. It has been shown to aid in the reduction of side-effects that often accompany medical procedures. Leading medical facilities such as the Cleveland Clinic, Duke Integrative Medicine and John Hopkins University promote the use of Reiki to aid in the reduction of side effects that often result from treatment of chronic conditions